Attributing revenue to interactions allows marketing teams to demonstrate the impact of their work in a clear way: revenue from transactions created and transactions completed.
HubSpot enables the collection of all the interaction data people have with your business before they convert to customers, and provides detailed information about the impact of your marketing efforts on increasing business revenue.
Currently, HubSpot can assign 11 different types of interactions to a contact:
- Contact created
A contact was created in HubSpot Sales or Marketing Hub via an API, integration, list import or manual creation.
- Call logged
A contact had a phone call logged in HubSpot’s Sales Hub.
- Conversation logged
A contact has initiated a logged conversation in HubSpot’s Sales Hub (live chat or chatbot module).
- Response to a sales email
A contact responded to an individual email tracked and logged by HubSpot at the Sales Hub.
- Meeting scheduled
A contact got an appointment logged in HubSpot’s Sales Hub.
- Click on a marketing email
A contact clicked through a marketing email sent from HubSpot’s Marketing Hub.
- Form submitted
A contact has submitted a form tracked by HubSpot (via the CMS Hub or Marketing Hub) on one of your websites or on one of your campaign landing pages.
A contact has visited a HubSpot page or an external page with a HubSpot tracking code.
- SEM or SMM Ad clicks
A contact clicked on an ad tracked by HubSpot Marketing Hub (Google Ads, Facebook Ads, LinkedIn Ads).
- Click on a CTA (call-to-action)
A contact has clicked on a HubSpot call-to-action button on one of your websites, marketing emails, documents, email signatures or on one of your landing pages.
- Click on a social media post
A contact clicked on a social media post published with HubSpot Marketing.
Revenue Attribution Reports to Interactions
HubSpot prefers to refer to revenue attribution reports as interaction attribution reports, as multiple interactions are taken into consideration. The dproposal tool offers nine attribution models that assign credit at key moments, so you can analyze the impact at each stage of the buying journey.
Here they are:
- First interaction: This model attributes 100% of the credits to the first interaction of the contacts in their journey to become customers or prospects.
- Last interaction: This model gives 100% credit to the very last interaction of contacts in their journey to becoming customers or prospects.
- Complete journey: This model allocates 22.5% of the credits to the first interaction, lead generation, opportunity or deal generation and the last interaction, totaling 90%. The remaining 10% is allocated equally to the other interactions.
- Linear model: This model fairly and equally distributes credits among all interactions that are attributed to revenue or contact generation.
- U-shaped model: This model allocates 40% of the credits to the first interaction and 40% to lead generation. The remaining 20% is divided equally between all other interactions between these two stages.
- W-shaped model: This model gives 30% of the credits to the first interaction, lead generation and transaction generation. The remaining 10% is distributed evenly to the other interactions between the first interaction and deal creation.
- Time decay: This model allocates credits to the most recent interactions. The longer a transaction takes to complete, the more the credits decrease.
- J-shaped model: this model gives 60% of the credits to the last interaction, 20% of the credits to the first interaction, and divides the remaining 20% between all interactions in between.
- Reverse J-shaped model: This model assigns 60% of the credits to the first point of contact, 20% of the credits to the last point of contact, and divides the remaining 20% between all interactions in between.
For the insiders, the attribution report is really easy to find and generate: you’ll find the attribution of revenue to interactions in the Custom Reports menu, under Attribution Reports, accessible from the dashboard or the Reports homepage. So you won’t need an analyst to accomplish this task.
For the curious ones, if you would like to learn more about HubSpot, we invite you to contact us for more information about our HubSpot implementation, training and support services.
Pour the skeptics, there are many other reasons to use the HubSpot CRM platform and its 5 hubs. In fact, you can check out our article that mentions the 40 reasons to adopt this CRM platform.